Saturday, May 7, 2022

I've been busy...really!

It seems to take me longer these days to hop on the old computer and post things, even though life and interests have not stopped. But it's life and interests that are also keeping me very busy. 

Activity 1:  Pictures forthcoming. Even though I can never remotely be called a dog whisperer, or trainer for that matter, I am currently helping a neighbor with the most beautiful German Shepherd. His guardian is reluctant to walk Otis because he's such a powerful dog who's a bit reactive to other dogs. Also, he's not leash trained. So we've started working on basic commands and calm walking. Otis is just a big love-bug and I hope (fingers-crossed) that in a few weeks we can assure his guardian that he can behave himself on forays into the real world beyond his (admittedly beautiful) backyard.

Activity 2:  We're experiencing a super bloom this year. Walking around the neighborhood and seeing the explosion of color and smelling the intoxicating floral aromas is truly amazing (not to mention very bad for the old allergies). I know I've posted a picture about this mysterious alien plant before, but it has blossomed even further and looks even more otherworldly:



Activity 3:  I've moaned about my front wall mosaic before. It was supposed to be finished by Thanksgiving. When that fell through and winter (such as it is here) arrived, I had to do a serious re-think of how to finish it off. Short of dynamiting the doggone thing to just get it over with, I decided instead to use stained glass for the background to the main design of whirls and swirls. Then, naturally, I dithered for weeks about how I would approach it. Well...I FINALLY got started on it a couple of weeks ago and have surprised myself. I don't hate it! Oh, I still have a few weeks of work left on it, and I won't show pictures until it is complete, but again, I don't hate it. It's unlike anything I've done in the past -- more chaotic and free form -- and it's shaping up into something I can live with. WHEW! Once it's done, then all the agonizing over starting the back wall begins. And here I thought only actual artists were supposed to be so tortured. 



1 comment:

  1. I know those flowers as protea. Used to get them at the SF flower market. They grow on Hawaii (but are apparently of African origin). Wonder if they would grow in Florida🤔 would be very cool to have them in the yard!

    Looking forward to pics of Otis and your mural.

    ReplyDelete