Thursday, November 12, 2020

Resurrections are real.

I am so lucky to have a wonderful friend who brings me joy in so many ways. Turns out, she also has an amazing husband who knows how to resurrect almost anything that needs fixing. For example, in my last post, I went through the misery of having the tile saw break down and die just as the mosaic for the planter box was underway. Long story short, the tile saw is now working because this man is a machine whisperer. He also took care of the broken laminating machine (never used and yet...). But those items truly pale in comparison to the resurrection of Gertie. 

Gertie, to those in the know, is a 1923 Dodge Brothers Commercial Car. It is a beauty. And the loving work he put into the restoration is phenomenal. Words do not do justice, so here is the proof that loving craftsmanship exists.


Now on the roof, note the perfectly curved pieces.


 



I'm not particularly a car buff, but I would definitely be happy to tool around town in something so classy.


No comments:

Post a Comment