Saturday, March 5, 2022

Farewell to my big bear

I believe I mentioned Kuma was diagnosed with inoperable cancer last August. I held the firm belief he would outlive all predictions, and in a way he did. After a sudden collapse last night, and multiple health failures, we decided to ease his suffering this morning. Our 16 year old beautiful bear, of late looking more like a wolf, passed peacefully with the help of the vet we adore. 

Kuma came up to us on the street in 2008 and was unfailingly sweet with everyone he met. He will be missed by all his neighborhood fans who loved his one floppy ear and his happy grin when he spotted someone who knew how to give a good ear rub. The place feels so empty without him.

Dark and oh so handsome:

Starting to look like a distinguished gentleman:

Showing the wisdom of old age:



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics. Chris and I and Jack and Lenny are so sad for your loss. Kuma found you two and had a great life and you did all you could for him. Still, I can't imagine what you're going through or how we will go through it one day. I know Michael will want time to grieve and reflect, but for now please send him hugs from us, and know we are hugging you from afar,too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, Michael is having a very hard time. I'll pass on your hugs.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry for the loss of your beautiful family member. I know the three of you will be comforted by the many memories you have of dear Kuma.

    ReplyDelete