Saturday, May 2, 2020

Ninja the chicken, continued

I found Ninja's people and they had only had her for two days before she made the great escape. They've had as little luck as I have in trying to entice her home. Today, she has been much bolder about hanging about in my yard and I was even able to capture a quick picture through the window. And yes, I have her people's blessing for her new moniker. I tried to think of something cute and all I could think of is how she eludes us so completely - hence - Ninja.


Perhaps it is wishful thinking, but as I puttered around the garden where she hung out, she was alert but seemed more comfortable. She even hopped into our gated, fenced back yard and made herself quite at home. My only fear with that maneuver is that my big bear might try to catch her and the results would not be peachy. Though he rarely goes out on his own anymore, we decided to close the back door. That's the phrase we hear so much these days: out of an abundance of caution. Our cat approves:








1 comment:

  1. Hahaha She's slender and cute. I have faith you'll tame her!

    ReplyDelete