Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Organizing sandpaper...yes, it's a thing

I know I'm not the first to do this, but as I'm clearing out and cleaning up the garage (which apparently is a never-ending cycle of delight at finding things you thought were long lost and misery that something you did find is no longer working), I came across a box with sandpaper in it. The box was huge and in a difficult place to access, the sandpaper jumbled up, and generally was a mess.

Aha! I knew the solution immediately. Having upended my office/craft space only a couple months prior, there was a small hanging file box that was looking for a purpose. Well it has one now. I labeled each file folder with the type/size of sandpaper and voila! We can find just what we need at a glance.

The takeaway of this project is: if you aren't organized, you're going to buy too many packets of the very one you already have tooooooo many packets of, and not buy enough of the one size you actually need for your current project!





No comments:

Post a Comment