Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Yes, even more chicken stories.

Ninja is getting bolder and a lovely neighbor gave me chicken feed until I could figure out a source. He maintains that mealworms are like crack to chickens, and I definitely don't want to encourage addictions in anyone, but I happily started bribing her with her drug of choice. Not that she is in any way prepared to succumb to my charms yet. We are figuring out where her preferred hangouts are so I can make sure she finds feed there, and also so we can check on her multiple times a day. She even deigned to drink from a bowl of water I set out just for her. It's amazing how the littlest things make us dance for joy because the CHICKEN decides she likes something we do for her. Yup -- officially round the bend and I can't even blame Covid-19. So here she is in all her glory:




Now a non-chicken related note -- that tiered pot I spent hours on just to decide the top pot was too big -- yes, I changed it out. And though it looks wilty and sparse right now, there will be dense foliage in a few months. And though the top pot isn't nearly as pretty as the first, it serves the purpose nicely. The pretty pot has been moved to the side yard and will let the geraniums thrive once they catch hold and root. After the marigold debacle, it's nice to have a win.


No comments:

Post a Comment