Thursday, April 29, 2021

Architecture on the small scale

I've mentioned before all the little free libraries dotting our neighborhood. Well, there is one in particular that is an architectural delight. The person who erected this clearly had fun with the idea:

Can you spot the cat on top?

I love the detail of the little window boxes.

And we've all heard the phrase "our home is our castle," but how many have an actual castle?

While this isn't strictly architecture in the building sense, it certainly is architectural in concept. I have no idea how they trained these two trees to form the arch over the driveway, but I'm impressed.

In answer to your unspoken question, it NEVER gets old walking around. Especially with Nellie by my side. She may still be a bit nervous, and very unfocused, but she's a joy and it never gets old hearing how cute she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment