Friday, July 16, 2021

The Divine Ms. M strikes again...

My post about lightweight, kink-free hoses that don't work caught The Divine Ms. M's attention and she solved it. Doing her Christmas in July thing (at the same time she gave Kuma his new monkey), she gave me a hose to try. It actually works! The water pressure is a smidgen less forceful than the awful hoses I've been using, but close enough. For the icing on the cake, the nozzle that comes with it is truly wonderful. Those who want to give it a try -- it's TheFitLife Flexible Metal Garden Hose. She also mentioned that if you order through smile.amazon.com, charities of your choice will get a small donation without affecting your purchase price. Win-win.

But The Divine Ms. M didn't stop there to solve an even peskier problem than kinking, heavy hoses. This problem is far more grave. 

I'm a new convert to Louise Penny's Armand Gamache mystery series. Totally and completely hooked. I also really like reading on my tablet through the Libby app libraries use. Especially during lock-down, with closed libraries, Libby circumvents the problem very neatly. A series as popular as it is, even with hold times being ridiculously long, I had hopes it would be easy to access. Imagine my surprise and dismay when I realized the entire series was not online! How could that be? My go-to library is ENORMOUS. Surely they would be well-stocked. NO. Of the 16 and counting books in the series, they only have around six. Others are audio-books, but I prefer reading. So naturally I complained. Loudly. And naturally, Ms. M came through. She is letting me borrow her hard-copies so I don't have a fit. It is always good to have friends, but even better to have friends who understand reading obsessions. As she wisely says, "it's not hoarding if it's books."

Well said Ms. M, well said.



No comments:

Post a Comment