Thursday, July 11, 2024

We are honored by a repeat visitor

She has graced our backyard before and made herself at home on a cozy chair. She does hang around from time to time, though in the past she's been far more elusive and shy. Of late, however, she's started snoozing on our patio. She does this in the face of me blundering about trying to get work done, and Nellie staring at her wondering why she's so bold. Fortunately Nellie is used to cats with our frequent visits to Fluffy, the Maine Coon who acts more like a dog, and leaves her alone. Though I have water out for critters in various places, I've added a bowl just for this beauty. Frankly though, she worries me a bit as she's very thin and her fur is a bit scruffy. It may be time to investigate setting out kitty food in a safe spot. My fervent wish is that she would trust us enough to allow us to make her part of the family, but I'm not a cat whisperer and we'll just have to play by her rules. I believe my neighbor has christened her Turtleduc, so we'll go with that. Her markings are very distinctive too, which makes her quite unique.

It's funny she chose to pose right by the cat planter. Go figure.



No comments:

Post a Comment