Saturday, April 20, 2024

Did I mention my architecture obsession?

Okay, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking I have waaaaaay too much time on my hands and an over abundance of fascination with architecture and architectural detail. Guilty as charged. Mostly though, if you have noticed the trend of my fixations, it most often has to do with anything resembling tile and mosaic work. Imagine my astonishment when I truly looked at a house, which is spectacular by the way, and realized the gables have pebbles between the wood beams. Have no idea how long that would take to achieve, but it certainly takes more effort than simply slapping a coat of paint on wood. What is so fascinating is that it isn't immediately obvious. It certainly doesn't beg you to see it, and yet, someone took the time and effort to add that touch. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment