Wednesday, April 24, 2024

In Memoriam

Our street has seen the unfortunate passings of two wonderful dogs. Bruno was very old, had multiple issues and his family planned and helped him exit peacefully. Ellie, on the other hand, had an unexpected emergency. After many ups and downs, all hope was gone and she was euthanized being held by those who love her.  I say love, not loved, because I believe that no one ever stops loving a family member, even if that member wears fur. 

The real tragedy is when that family member is not allowed to age or be surrounded by the people who cared for them. I came across this a couple of days ago, posted on a tree facing the street, and it made me cry. It also made me angry. If you can't read it, click on the picture to make it bigger.



No comments:

Post a Comment